Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I Know Who Killed Me & Waitress

Wowzers! Talk about a lack of posts for this month. No worries though, I come at you today with two movies: I Know Who Killed Me and Waitress.

If you're in the mood for a light, romantic comedy, with a sweet happy ending, then Waitress is for you. Staring the beautiful Keri Russel and the amazing (I say that because I'm a huge Joss Whedon fan and any cast members from his previous works are amazing) Nathon Fillon. It's weird to see Fillon as your typical "Jude Law" kind of character. He's cute, slightly funny, and you are rooting for him to get the girl. If you haven't heard anything about this movie it is as follows: Jenna is a pregnant, unhappily married waitress in the deep south. She meets a newcomer to her town and falls into an unlikely relationship as a last attempt at happiness. The end. There's really nothing more or less to this movie. It's cute and pleasant. I enjoyed it. I say: rent it.

As for the other movie... I Know Who Killed Me, pass on that.

Quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen. I think it comes close to how Matt and Liz felt about Bug. I think IKWKM had the potential to be a really great cult classic. However, in the end... It fell short. Way short. The plot of the movie is kind of interesting (a young girl is kidnapped and "turns" up with missing limbs but is not the girl everyone says she is) and the whole "stigmata" theories to the movie were neat, but the acting fell short and the whole slut/non-slut character twist with Linday Lohan fell short of anything that could have been considered "interesting." I'm usually a fan of movies that are disappointments to critics (Postman), but this movie is just... Awful. I say: do not rent.

1 comment:

FranksFilms said...

There are two alternatives to IKWKM. One is called "Invisible" (I think). It's a rather bad film but has a little twist at the end that partially redeems it.

The other is called "The Dead Girl" which is an awesome film. The body of a dead girl is found. The story is told in five chapters showing how the discovery affects seemingly unrelated groups of people. Also - a great cast.