Tuesday, October 30, 2007

About MEEEEE

My name is Elizabeth, but you can call me Izzika. I am 22, from C-bus, but still attending BGSU... I am extremely devoted to the cinematic world. My favorite movies include, but are definitely not limited to: The Exorcist, Trainspotting, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Where the Buffalo Roam, Full Metal Jacket, Eraserhead, The Triplets of Belleville, The Wall, The Big Lebowski, Reservoir Dogs, Natural Born Killers, Jurassic Park, and Mystery Science Theater 3000. I want to stress the point that the list of movies in non-inclusive. I enjoy movies that are pure entertainment, satisfying my need for escape (Jurassic Park), and movies that have cultural value (Trainspotting)

Upon my recent Stumble experience I discovered the movie "Begotten" by Elias Merhige. I encourage viewing this movie (can be seen on the google video website), but be warned: the topic is very touchy for some. A brief synopsis: God kills himself in the beginning with a straight-edge and out of his carcass mother earth is borne... she then gives birth to the son of earth who is taken by cannibals. As you can see, this movie is interesting, but not for everyone (namely the weak of stomach and religious tolerance).

In one of my internet tabs I am watching Sleeping Beauty (yes, I like to watch cartoon movies as well) and I must advocate for the Disney collection. My choices of best Disney films are as follows: Alice in Wonderland (#1 on the list of course), the aforementioned S.B., The Sword and the Stone, Robin Hood (which needs to be watched more often by this author), and Snow White. These are all popular Disney films and I urge you to purchase as many as you can so as to pass them on to future generations.

I do not have immediate access to movies like Ashley does, but I will do my best to give a good... biased opinion about movies. Let's face it, the opinions we post on here will be biased because they are OPINIONS... as for the synopsis sections- those are pure fact, my friend, nothin' but truth all the way.


Thank you for your patience in reading this blather,
Izzika

2 comments:

Ashley said...

First... You forgot Aladdin. Enough said.

Second.... Does Salad Fingers qualify as a movie?

Izzika Stumbles into insomnia said...

Salad Fingers counts as a Short. So I would say yes.
















Ew, Hubert Cumberdale, you taste like soot and poo.