Saturday, December 1, 2007

Frank, Life, and Quotes

This blog has seemed to turn away from the original concept. Regardless, I enjoy blogging about random ideas, findings, and reviews on movies I love, hate, and love to hate. Although I have just recently posted my soon-to-be long list of holiday movie recommendations, I made my way over to Frank's Films and was pleasently surprised to see his review on BUG. I had mentioned a couple posts ago that I wanted to see what he thought of the movie. Frank, I'm always happy to see that you put so much effort and thought into your weekly movie reviews (PS, I will be renting Pi this week). So, if it counts - A+ for effort!

I'd like to think that beyond reviews, ramblings, and whatever else I can think of posting, that this blog is definitely a release from the frustrations of the "real world." Who likes the real world anyways? I want to live in Kansas with Dorthy and be married to John McClane, but not everyone gets what they want. So... I post.

Now, I post about quotes. Izzika IMed me (feel free to, by the way at: bgbeebs) earlier and asked if we could post some quotes on our fabulous blog. OF COURSE! I said. Who loves nothing more to have entire conversations based soley on various movie quotes that you know so well. There is no doubt that some of you, if not all of you, have said a movie quote today. If you haven't yet, you will and you won't even realize it. Today, for example, Izzika called me to tell me that she was "hungooooova'; famously said by Paul Rudd's character, "Brian," from Anchorman. Quote one of the day: Check!

There are classic quotes...

My personal favorite from Aliens:
Ripley: Get away from her, you bitch!


I can remember when I was young and my dad and I would have "father/daughter" movie nights (see, my love for movies is deeply rooted) every Saturday night. I was 8 years old watching Aliens. Can you believe it? I remember that everytime that line would come on near the end of the movie I would ask my daddy sweetly, "Can I say it, daddy?" And he would say, "Yes, but only around me". So I would walk around all day and night around my dad saying, "get away from her, you bitch!" It's funny the little things you remember. Now, 14 years later, I'm hoping that Santa brings me the Aliens Quadrilogy. A girl can dream.

There are common quotes...

As mentioned previously, a quote from Anchorman:
Ron: I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...


Anchorman seems to be the most commonly quoted movie through my circle of close friends. Quotes constantly sneak their way into daily conversation, it's pretty bizarre.

Now I ask you all: What are you favorite quotes? Everyone has that movie that they are constantly quoting from (whether people realize it or not). What's that movie? What's that line?

2 comments:

FranksFilms said...

Here's a few:

"It's good to be the king."
-History of the World, Part I

"I got better."
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Surely you can't be serious.
..... I am serious... and don't call me Shirley."
-Airplane (perhaps the most quotable movie of all time)

"Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?
.........You ever seen a grown man naked?:
-(also from) Airplane

Anonymous said...

2 from Kindergarten Cop~
"It's not a tumah....Not a tumah at all"
"Girls have a vagina, boys have a penis." "I see you taught them the basics"